Approved by an independent expert
Professor of Optometry
- Ph.D. State University of New York, 1995
- O.D. State University of New York, 1993
- M.S. State University of New York, 1990
Dr. Citek teaches courses in Ophthalmic Optics, Physiological Optics, and Environmental Vision.
Dr. Citek received the Pacific University Faculty Development Award in 2004. He is a Fellow in the American Academy of Optometry.
Developed in collaboration with independent third parties, the E-SPF protocol and values have been endorsed by Dr. Karl Citek, American Professor of Optometry, OD, PhD, FAAO*, and one of the first researchers to have established the dangers linked to UV rear side reflection.
Essilor is convinced that this unique evaluation system will increase consumer knowledge on UV and help improve visual health by protecting the eye from the invisible and often irreversible dangers of UV light.
Related scientific publications of Dr. Karl CITEK
- Title: Anti-reflective coatings reflect ultraviolet radiation.
Authors: Citek K. Sources: Optometry. 2008 Mar; 79(3):143-8.
- Title: Ultraviolet and short wavelength visible light exposure: Why ultraviolet protection alone is not adequate.
Authors: Reichow AW, Citek K, Edlich RF.
Sources: J Long Term Eff Med Implants. 2006;16(4):315-25. Review.